When you view an image on your monitor, the RGB pixels that make up the image are altered in such a way to better accommodate human vision. Human vision is more sensitive to shadows then it is for midtones or highlights. Hardware manufactures account for this nonlinear behaviour by applying a pow... Read more »
Posts Tagged 'gamma-correction' Submit Post
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- some thoughts on artificial intelligence
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- Shadow techniques
- Animating simple player sprite (Platform)
- advice on the best schools in either bc...
- Wizard Boy - 3D Action Shooting Surviva...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL