When light bounces off a surface, it contributes to the amount of ambient lighting, or environment lighting we see. In a basic renderer, the amount of ambient lighting a surface receives is uniform, making it look rather flat. Ambient occlusion provides a more realistic shading technique by takin... Read more »
Posts Tagged 'ambient-occlusion' Submit Post
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Who on this forum is applying to IGAD t...
- FILO memory and conversation
- Using AI to find free food
- Simple Moving Average fps display, and ...
- Mathematical Physics Equations
- Looking for Game Distribution partnership
- Levanta, Brasil!!!
- wicked mountains
- Ben Rawles Music - Music and Sound Desi...
- Why oddworld will be on everything but ...