3Dlabs Delivers OpenGL Shading Language Compiler Front-end for Linux
3Dlabs® Inc., Ltd., a leading innovator in professional visual processing, today demonstrated the company’s expertise in the newly specified OpenGL® Shading Language by announcing a compiler front-end for Linux®. This compiler front-end is integrated with 3Dlabs’ previously announced OpenGL Shading Language compiler for Windows to provide developers a single front-end for consistent cross-platform portability of the OpenGL Shading Language. Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and developers can now download the open-source compiler with royalty-free commercial and non-commercial licensing terms at http://www.3dlabs.com/opengl2/. 3Dlabs is a wholly owned subsidiary of Creative Technology Ltd.
"“The flexible and open functionality of Linux positions it as the ideal choice for computing innovations enabled by the OpenGL Shading Language,” said Neil Trevett, senior vice president of market development at 3Dlabs. “By supporting Linux with our compiler technology and offering Linux drivers for Wildcat® professional graphics accelerators, 3Dlabs effectively demonstrates our ongoing support for the Linux community, the OpenGL Shading Language and the upcoming OpenGL 2.0 specification.”"
The new, Linux-supported OpenGL Shading Language source code performs the front-end compilation processing steps for the new language, including lexical analysis and parsing to produce an intermediate representation of shading programs suitable for further processing by any back-end code generator. The OpenGL Shading Language is defined as an official extension to OpenGL 1.5 and is targeted for integration into the OpenGL 2.0 specification core.
General information about OpenGL and 3Dlabs' Wildcat professional graphics accelerators can be found at www.3dlabs.com
3Dlabs, a leading innovator in professional visual processing, supplies a broad range of graphics accelerators to Computer Aided Design (CAD), Digital Content Creation (DCC), and visual simulation professionals. Its award-winning Wildcat graphics solutions are available in industry-leading OEM workstations, in the channel through an international distributor/reseller network, and directly to end-users at 3Dlabs' online store. For more information on 3Dlabs products, visit www.3Dlabs.com. 3Dlabs is a wholly owned subsidiary of Creative Technology Ltd.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- [For Hire] Freelance Composer looking f...
- Ben Rawles Music - Music and Sound Desi...
- wicked mountains
- Who on this forum is applying to IGAD t...
- FILO memory and conversation
- Using AI to find free food
- Simple Moving Average fps display, and ...
- Mathematical Physics Equations
- Looking for Game Distribution partnership
- Levanta, Brasil!!!