DescriptionCompany Overview: Darkroom
Studios is an independent software
development company geared toward providing solutions for independent
and professional game developers.
Game Overview: Lawmaker is our first project that will immerse
players into the chaos of the 19th century gold rush as Colt Kaufman. As
Colt Kaufman you will fight your way through the degenerative struggle
for money, power, and revenge in the western FPS Lawmaker.
Technology Overview: Darkroom Studios provides a complete gaming
development solution called the Lawmaker Game Engine (formerly known as
the Omnibus Technology Suite). The Lawmaker Game Engine is a
cross-platform high performance real-time 3D engine developed
specifically for current and next generation games. Whether it is
developing for the games of today and/or the games of the future - The
Lawmaker Game Engine has been engineered with the needs of the
developers and the demands of gamers worldwide. It also has benefits of
providing a custom solution to a wide range of vertical applications
that employ virtual reality systems, multimedia presentations and
educational software. With the Lawmaker Game Engine, a development team
and/or publisher is free to focus on the game design rather than the
costly research and development cycle required to build a cutting-edge
Technology High Level Features:
• High performance real-time 3D rendering driven by an API independent
graphics layer currently supporting Direct3D.
• Platform independence and Unicode support for easy localization.
• Advance Scene management system for seamless indoor and outdoor
• Character modeling and animation using skeletal and morph target
• Particle system (CPU and GPU based) for advance visual effects.
• Optimized fast 3D math and container template libraries.
• Early ODE physics integration that allows for features such as
ragdoll, rigid body integration and vehicles.
• Audio support using DirectX.
• Server\Client network system that allows for multiplayer network
• Shader system that supports both the fixed-function rendering system
in DirectX and new shader based system (support vs1.1 – 3.0, ps.1.1 –
ps.1.4 and HLSL).
• Terrain system that allows both ROAM-like rendering and fast static
• Full Lua\Luabind integration for complete game scripting experience
• API level abstraction between the various core components.
• Real-time data content update during game time development.
For more information regarding the Lawmaker Game Engine, please visit
Please log in or register to post a reply.
I misread it as LawnMaker! :blush:
The Engine Licensing link on your site takes you to the Technology
Good Question Stodge. We are currently finalizing Lawmaker and plan to
package the Lawmaker Game Engine for commercial use for independent and
professional game developers. In the next couple months, we plan on
showcasing tutorials and videos of our game and development tools (i.e.,
The Lawmaker Game Engine) on our web-site. Please register on our
web-site (www.darkroomstudios.com) for
updates regarding Lawmaker and our technology suite.
We just added a forum on our web-site if you have any technical
questions regarding our tools.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Looking great. Has a nice look about it.
Looks like a great game.
You do realize the post is FOUR YEARS OLD?!?