Xbox does Linux?
Unnamed security researchers report to have have made the Xbox console run Linux without a mod chip. CNET’s news.com is reporting that an un-named group of “Xbox security researchers” have found a way to make Microsoft’s game console run the Linux operating system without the need for a traditional “mod chip.”
The group is keeping the details and their identity secret until Microsoft responds to their discovery. The group is hoping that Microsoft will act to correct problems that could lead to game piracy, but also to allow Xbox owners to run Linux on the console.
Click here for more information.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Levanta, Brasil!!!
- wicked mountains
- Ben Rawles Music - Music and Sound Desi...
- Why oddworld will be on everything but ...
- CherrySlugs - Visual Art
- [For Hire] Fantasy Concept Artist / Ill...
- A game prototype for an idea I had :)
- How does GTA generate unique characters?
- python megaman game open source
- Wrap Racer