EA to Lend Development Experience to Indie Game Developers
Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced the creation of a new business unit, EA Partners, to manage EA's worldwide distribution and co-publishing relationships of third-party products as EA looks to significantly grow its $300 million externally sourced business. The unit was previously known as EA Distribution.
"The mission of EA Partners is to help develop the tremendous creativity of independent studios and publishers and bring their games to the worldwide market," said John Riccitiello, EA President and COO. "We've created a business to bring innovative games to new platforms and new markets around the world."
EA Partners complements the company's extensive portfolio of licensed and wholly-owned game franchises. EA currently has relationships with more than 12 developers and publishers including Digital Illusions, C.E., Buena Vista Games (Disney Interactive), Fox Interactive, Krome Studios, LEGO Interactive, IO Interactive, Warner Brothers Interactive, Sunflowers Interactive Entertainment Software, Lionhead Studios and regional publishing relationships with companies including LucasArts, Capcom, NovaLogic and NAMCO. In 2002, EA and Digital Illusions, C.E. of Gothenburg Sweden published Battlefield 1942 - an award winning PC multi-player game that achieved worldwide commercial success.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike RPG
- dxwrapper - dx1-7 wrapper project
- concept critiques
- Strange behaviour with MSVC Angleprojec...
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- XBox One
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- Substantial Games (Beijing) â€“ Seeking...
- How to detect a monitor's Default r...
- Diesel Tactics - A steampunk inspired, ...