Abducted OpenGL Game Engine Design Details
The Abducted game engine features realtime lighting and shadowing, per-pixel specular highlights and bump-mapping, along with many more features. It is written entirely in OpenGL. Two articles have been posted, which talk about the graphics engine. The first article introduces the engine design and renderer. The second article dives into the per pixel mathematics and rendering that drive Abducted and similiar engines.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- Wizard Boy - 3D Action Shooting Surviva...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- Shadow techniques
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL
- Rendering coinciding line segments
- suggested framework to program text-bas...
- 88% last chance discount from Arteria3d