jMonkeyEngine official Beta Contest announced
We're a week into what has been an absolutely thrilling experience so far. What was more of an experiment to see what some developers might pull off with the new Beta release has far exceeded our expectations.
Prizes include a free copy of the upcoming "jMonkeyEngine 3 Beginner's Guide" and a free theme from the WooThemes shop. Additional prizes might be added.
If you want to get caught up you should read the following articles:
Brief Announcement - http://jmonkeyengine.org/2011/11/06/beta-1-game-contest/
Exhaustive Contest Rules - http://jmonkeyengine.org/groups/beta-1-game-contest/forum/topic/contest-rules-1/
Contest Prizes - http://jmonkeyengine.org/2011/11/15/beta-contest-prizes-revealed-free-book-woothemes/
Even if you've never used jMonkeyEngine before, 1 and 1/2 month could be enough time to put a game together if you have some experience in Java programming and game development already. We highly encourage developers to download the jMonkeyEngine 3 SDK as the recommended route to a quick start. From there the wiki and community forum are mere clicks away.
We hope this contest will bring some new blood into our lively community, and we trust you'll find it worth your while.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- seduisantdistributeurlongchamp dresses ...
- ï¼ˆiOS/Vitaï¼‰TV Show Puzzle Game- "...
- Irritum - new indie platformed/puzzle game
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Offering free hosting-support for your ...
- More Games as cross-promotion tool
- ORC SHAMEN animated character from Arte...
- How does a free app earn money?
- EFFING DEAD, indie survival
- introduction to c++ with game developme...