GameCast Contest Winners Announced !
MoMinis Announces Winners of the GameCast 2011 Contest
3 winners were awarded $15,000 in cash prizes in MoMinis’ GameCast 2011 Mobile
Game Development Contest.
MoMinis, a provider of cross-platform mobile game development and distribution tools, is thrilled to announce the winners of its 3rd annual
‘GameCast’ mobile game development contest.
The contest, facilitated in partnership with GetJar, SlideME and Mobile.Ent.biz received fantastic game entries built with
The MoMinis Studio, a free and easy-to-use game development tool.
Representatives from GameDuel, GetJar, SlideMe and MoMinis judged the submissions based on innovation, marketability, design, addictive game-play and originality of games.
MoMinis is proud to announce the following winners:
1. The Grand Prize winner of $10,000 -‘Pyxxis 2’
Pyxxis 2 is an intricate and innovative physics game involving many enemies, levels, badges and Pyxxis characters. Its developers are Stoyan Mollov and Petar Trandafilov, from ‘EyeBall Damage’ Game Studios, based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
“When we discovered that we are the grand prize winners we were overjoyed with excitement, because we knew the competitors this year delivered quality and highly polished games, and we couldn't calm down for the rest of the day. The battle was very tough and the joy of winning was even greater.” - Pyxxis 2 creators
2. The 2nd Place winner of $3,000 -‘Giovanni’s Nightmare’
Giovanni’s Nightmare is a visually stunning and entertaining platform game with challenging levels and many tricks and obstacles within them. The developers are a husband and wife team who own a games studio, “Space Ewe Software”, based in Cazma, Croatia.
“This year the competition was really tough, and accordingly we tried to push the MoMinis Studio to its limits. Overall we are quite satisfied with the 2nd place and the game we made. Congratulations to the other winners!” - Giovanni’s Nightmare creators
3. The 3rd Place winner of $2,000 -‘Lost Galaxy’
Lost Galaxy is a retro style maze game based on a character finding his way back to his spacecraft with many enemies, levels and obstacles along the way. The game was developed by 2 developers, Ben Pieper and Gunter Pellner, from Enschede, Netherlands.
"It was exciting to collaborate with Mominis and to work with such a great game-engine. It was great fun to participate in the contest and we are very proud to win 3rd place." - Lost Galaxy creators
**Winners receive promotional deals with GetJar and SlideME
MoMinisis a privately-held company funded by Mitsui Ventures and BRM Capital. MoMinis offers a landmark cross-platform solution for the fast creation and publishing of mobile games. Games developed with The MoMinis Studio instantly operate on hundreds of mobile devices across multiple platforms such as Android, Blackberry, Symbian and J2ME and are eligible for distribution in Mominis’ Global Distribution Network.
The MoMinis Studio is available as a free download at Dev.mominis.com.
MoMinis’ Marketing Manager
+972.3.6443148 ext. 123
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- dxwrapper - dx1-7 wrapper project
- concept critiques
- Strange behaviour with MSVC Angleprojec...
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- XBox One
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- Substantial Games (Beijing) â€“ Seeking...
- How to detect a monitor's Default r...
- Diesel Tactics - A steampunk inspired, ...
- Feathered Attack (FREE TO PLAY)