Doom 3 source code to be open sourced by the end of the year
id Software, the maker of the popular Doom and Quake game series, announced that they will open source the Doom 3 source code. John Carmack, co-founder and technical director of id, spoke at the annual QuakeCon and encouraged game developers to release the old source code from their games to the public.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- ï¼ˆiOS/Vitaï¼‰TV Show Puzzle Game- "...
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- How does a free app earn money?
- EFFING DEAD, indie survival
- introduction to c++ with game developme...
- Shadow techniques
- Animating simple player sprite (Platform)
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- some thoughts on artificial intelligence
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)