Exit Games Signs Distribution Partnership With The9 To Bring Photon To Chinese Market
Exit Games today announces that it has entered into a distribution agreement with The9, the leading online game operator and developer in China. According to the agreement, The9 will exclusively market and distribute Exit Games’ Photon to developers and publishers throughout China.
Exit Games’ Photon is a fast, reliable and powerful network engine and socket server for the development of realtime multiplayer applications, with SDKs for Unity, iOS, Android, Flash, HTML5 and others.
Photon’s C/C++-based core, it’s server extensibility in .NET / C++ reliable UDP, form a market unique feature set that is essential for scalable online games such as first person shooters (FPS) or massive multiplayer online games (MMOG’s).
The9 Limited is one of the earliest providers of social networking services and online games in China. They’re familiar with product distribution, marketing, operation, and community management specific to the Chinese game market, and are therefore well equipped to help game developers launch games in the important Chinese market.
Chris Shen, Vice President of The9 Limited, commented: “Developing and operating successful online games in China is a huge technical challenge as they must scale for an enormous amount of concurrent users. That is why we are happy to distribute Exit Games Photon, an online game engine that exactly tackles these challenges, allowing game developers to build robust and scalable online games on multiple platforms, and to operate them on a minimum amount of servers.”
Christof Wegmann, CTO and founder of Exit Games, continues: ”We are absolutely thrilled to partner with an online games powerhouse like The9. China is a fantastic opportunity for us, with many highly skilled online game developers, and the partnership with The9 opens up this market for us.” He went on “We are convinced that their specific market knowledge will help to successfully establish Exit Games’ Photon within the Chinese online game development community.”
Exit Games’ Photon FREE licenses can be downloaded at http://shop.exitgames.com.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- Wizard Boy - 3D Action Shooting Surviva...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- Shadow techniques
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL
- Rendering coinciding line segments
- suggested framework to program text-bas...
- 88% last chance discount from Arteria3d