Instinct Technology IPR acquired with Instinct Engine going Open-source
InstinctEngine.com is to proud to announce its acquisition of the Instinct Technology Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). This allows the development on the Instinct Engine SDK games middleware to continue. A great deal of blood, sweat, and tears went into this product, so it's an honour to continue its legacy. It retains a high level of competitive features, which will now be improved and extended - particularly across hand-held devices. This will be tackled as an Open-source initiative, with the hope to foster an active community around these efforts. The plan is to also maximise the considerable back catalogue of game IP that was developed in and around the technology over the years, with this incredibly exciting development having a positive impact on the development efforts here going forward.
InstinctEngine.com consists of some founder members from the former Instinct Technology Ltd, which was base in Ireland but was liquidated in 2009 following the 11th hour collapse of a funding round. A proposed rescue of the product was put forward by the sister company Dark Water Studios, but that failed to materialize after a prolonged period as they went on to release their DogFighter game on Steam. The Intellectual Property Rights were finally secured in July 2011, taking the product forward as an Open-source initiative, along with a new focus on extending support to handheld devices.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Shadow techniques
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Animating simple player sprite (Platform)
- some thoughts on artificial intelligence
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- advice on the best schools in either bc...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL