Genetica Updated to 3.6
Genetica, the seamless textures, HDRI, and animation package created by Spiral Graphics Inc., has been updated to version 3.6.
With the new version artists can create text objects directly from within Genetica. Text can be used in conjunction with Genetica's powerful style system, which means text can be created out of realistic materials such as stone, glass, wood, and more, simply by choosing from hundreds of preset styles.
A new Style node introduced in Genetica 3.6 means that in addition to text and drawn shapes, styles can now be applied to any procedurally created noise or pattern.
Genetica 3.6 also introduces massive workflow improvements that expedite the creation and manipulation of nodes. Nodes can now be arranged into all possible configurations simply by dragging them to the correct position. New nodes can be created by clicking a blank spot in the workspace and typing the first few letters of the desired node's name. The output of a node can be used in multiple locations by dragging additional output wires from the base of a node.
Additional feature illustrations, and a video showing the workflow improvements, can be found here.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Animating simple player sprite (Platform)
- advice on the best schools in either bc...
- Shadow techniques
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- Wizard Boy - 3D Action Shooting Surviva...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL
- Rendering coinciding line segments