PathEngine Announces SDK Release 5.27, New Licensing
PathEngine announces the availability of release 5.27.00 of their pathfinding SDK, with significant memory footprint and performance improvements, and are also pleased to announce licensing to ZootFly (PC, Xbox 360, PS3), Hope Island, HanbitSoft (for 'R.O.D.'), CC Network Ltd. (China), JoyCity, Ginno Games, B-Alive (for 'Airline Tycoon 2'), UserJoy, and Gravity (for 'Ragnarok Online 2').
SDK release 5.27 is another non-interface-breaking release on the 5.xx branch that essentially merges more release 6 code back to the 5.xx branch for additional incremental improvements on the previous release without API or data versioning changes.
The main optimisations in this release are then:
- Significant reductions in mesh loading memory footprint (around 25% for benchmark meshes).
- Significant reductions in mesh loading times.
- Significant reductions in collision preprocess generation times.
- Significant reductions in find closest unobstructed position query times.
For a complete set of changes in this release, please refer to the SDK changelog.
PathEngine was founded in 2000 to provide an extremely focused and modular solution to some fundamental issues in intelligent agent movement, based on hard industry experience.
The PathEngine SDK is built around an advanced pathfinding implementation over three-dimensional ground meshes. Our approach enables pathfinding and collision in tight integration against a single, sophisticated, agent movement model, with agent shape taken into account exactly, seamless support for overlapping geometry, and with fast and robust dynamic obstacles directly integrated into the core movement model.
The SDK is integrated with a host of triple-A titles, including 'The Witcher 2' (CD Projekt Red), 'Just Cause 2' (Avalanche Studios), 'Metro 2033' (4A Games), 'Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' (Rare, Microsoft Corporation), 'Stormrise' (The Creative Assembly), 'Mabinogi' (Nexon), and many more.
(For a more complete list of SDK clients and announced projects please see: www.pathengine.com/clients.php)
For further information, including documentation and demos, or to arrange an evaluation, please visit:
telephone: +33 4 72.07.81.54
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- Wizard Boy - 3D Action Shooting Surviva...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- Shadow techniques
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL
- Rendering coinciding line segments
- suggested framework to program text-bas...
- 88% last chance discount from Arteria3d