BRL-CAD participating in the 2011 Google Summer of Code
BRL-CAD has once again been accepted as a mentoring organization for the 2011 Google Summer of Code (GSoC)! Anyone interested in joining the BRL-CAD development team or working on a project this summer should visit the wiki page (http://brlcad.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code) for more information. The student application deadline is April 8th so interested students should get started on their project proposals today.
GSoC is an annual summer program hosted by Google where they pay students a stipend of $5000 to work on open source. Now in its sixth year, GSoC has brought together more than 4500 students and 3000 mentors from more than 100 countries around the world to work on open source software development. It's a highly competitive program both for the students and for the mentoring organizations.
This year, BRL-CAD was among more than 400 mentoring organizations that applied with only 175 getting selected to participate. This is the third year that BRL-CAD will be participating in the GSoC program.
One of the primary goals of the program is to introduce students to free open source software development with the specific intent of attracting those students as new long-term developers for that project. For BRL-CAD, this is the primary reason for participating. With increased awareness, new developers, and increased activity, the BRL-CAD open source project aims to accelerate development in order to benefit the entire worldwide CAD community.
BRL-CAD is a powerful cross-platform open source solid modeling computer-aided design system that includes interactive geometry editing, high-performance ray-tracing for rendering and geometric analysis, image and signal-processing tools, a system performance analysis benchmark suite, libraries for robust geometric representation, with more than 25 years of active development.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- dxwrapper - dx1-7 wrapper project
- [first game design] Dungeon Fall
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- Simple Moving Average fps display, and ...
- Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike RPG
- concept critiques
- Strange behaviour with MSVC Angleprojec...
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- XBox One
- Substantial Games (Beijing) â€“ Seeking...