PathEngine Announces SDK Release 5.26, New Licensing
PathEngine announces release 5.26.00 of their pathfinding SDK and licensing to NCSoft (for 'Blade & Soul'), Nexon (for 'Mabinogi'), N. DOLPHIN SOFT, MGame (for 'Warbane') and Bigpoint (for 'Drakensang Online').
SDK release 5.26 is an incremental release that basically merges some code from the forthcoming release 6 of our SDK back to the 5.xx branch to give us some important improvements over the previous 5.xx releases, but without any associated API or data versioning changes.
Key optimisations in this release are:
- A much nicer paradigm for generation of agent unobstructed space, giving us big speedups for preprocess generation.
- Some fundamental changes to the base ground mesh representation, giving us significant reductions in memory footprint on ground mesh load, and in ground mesh load times.
- Reductions in position resolution and other ground mesh related query times.
For a complete set of changes in this release, please refer to the SDK changelog.
PathEngine was founded in 2000 to provide an extremely focused and modular solution to some fundamental issues in intelligent agent movement, based on hard industry experience.
The PathEngine SDK is built around an advanced implementation of points-of-visibility pathfinding over three-dimensional ground meshes. Our approach enables pathfinding and collision in tight integration against a single, sophisticated, agent movement model, with agent shape taken into account exactly, seamless support for overlapping geometry, and with fast and robust dynamic obstacles directly integrated into the core movement model.
The SDK is integrated with a host of triple-A titles, including 'Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' (Rare, Microsoft Corporation), 'Stormrise' (The Creative Assembly), 'Pirates of the Burning Sea' (Flying Lab Games), 'Mobile Suit Gundam: Operation Troy' (Dimps Corporation), 'Titan Quest' (Ironlore Entertainment), 'Florensia' (NetTimeSoft Corporation), and many more.
For a more complete list of SDK clients and announced projects please see our clients page.
For further information, including documentation and demos, or to arrange an evaluation, please visit:
telephone: +33 4 72.07.81.54
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- advice on the best schools in either bc...
- Shadow techniques
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- Wizard Boy - 3D Action Shooting Surviva...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL
- Rendering coinciding line segments
- suggested framework to program text-bas...