Autodesk Beast 2011 Lighting Middleware Now Shipping
Autodesk, Inc., is now shipping Autodesk Beast 2011 middleware*, the first release of the product since the company’s acquisition of Illuminate Labs in July 2010. Autodesk Beast middleware helps development teams aesthetically enhance their games with a pre-computed global illumination (GI) lighting solution, while helping to avoid complicated and time-consuming lighting setups and to minimize runtime cost.
Autodesk Beast 2011 offers three key components that work together to help decrease iteration time and enhance aesthetic quality:
• LiquidLight -- The core baking technology for advanced GI and dynamic relighting of characters
• eRnsT -- An interactive editor that helps artists control and explore lighting setups
• DistriBeast -- A distribution engine for running renders on multiple machines
Key features in Autodesk Beast 2011:
• Precomputed GI -- Prebake lighting for platform and engine independence, resulting in greater flexibility and portability.
• Aesthetic quality and efficient workflows -- Adjust overall scene lighting without bounce lights or ambient fills typically used to “fake” global illumination.
• Robust API (application programming interface) -- Integrate Beast into your game engine with a simplified interface.
*Features in Autodesk Beast 2011 middleware may differ from features announced by Illuminate Labs prior to July 2010.
Autodesk, Beast and LiquidLight are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2010 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Levanta, Brasil!!!
- wicked mountains
- Ben Rawles Music - Music and Sound Desi...
- Why oddworld will be on everything but ...
- CherrySlugs - Visual Art
- [For Hire] Fantasy Concept Artist / Ill...
- A game prototype for an idea I had :)
- How does GTA generate unique characters?
- python megaman game open source
- Wrap Racer