Game Development Management
Gamasutra have posted yet another installment of their game development management articles entitled Manager In A Strange Land: Dead Zone. Here's a clip:
"The Dead Zone is my least favorite time in game development. It has neither the raw creativity of the design/planning/proof-of-concept stage, nor the straightforward push of the testing and bug-fixing endgame. If anyone out there has worked on an original title where there was no Dead Zone -- where the game showed steady, visible, bug-free progress as new levels and new missions and new features were brought to a shippable state, one after the other -- please write me and let me know how you did it."Find the full article here .
Check through the news archives to find links to earlier articles in this series
Note that you need to be a registered memeber of Gamasutra to access the article
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Simple Moving Average fps display, and ...
- Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike RPG
- dxwrapper - dx1-7 wrapper project
- concept critiques
- Strange behaviour with MSVC Angleprojec...
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- XBox One
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- Substantial Games (Beijing) â€“ Seeking...
- How to detect a monitor's Default r...