Collision Detection Article
GameDev.net have posted an article concerning a method of collision detection called "Opposing Face Geometry". Here's a clip:
"OFG presents a new method for collision detection optimizations by performing a simple pre-calculation on both input objects. It is possible to reduce the number of faces necessary to check for intersection dramatically, from an order of O(mn) intersection tests to an order of O(k2), or rather to a maximum of k2 + 3k test operations, where k is a predetermined constant."
If that sort of thing gets you going, then click here to read the full article.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Shadow techniques
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Animating simple player sprite (Platform)
- some thoughts on artificial intelligence
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- advice on the best schools in either bc...
- Giant rubber duck meets sorry end
- MinGW64 and GLES2 emulator?
- Basic path tracing in OpenCL