2003 Game Development Salary Survey
The Game Developer magazine's has put of its annual survey outlining the average salary in the game development industry. Here's a quote:
In the midst of rampant consolidation and talent-shifting in the game industry, programmers continue to enjoy high salaries relative to other development disciplines, whether they work on development tools, gameplay, animation, graphics, physics, networking, AI, or hardware engineering. But as the next generation of consoles looms, subtle shifts in the employment market are already taking place as studios cast an eye to who will carry them smoothly through the transition. Once again the existing talent pool will face an "evolve or die" prospect with new technology.
The full survey can be read here
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- How does a free app earn money?
- EFFING DEAD, indie survival
- introduction to c++ with game developme...
- Shadow techniques
- Animating simple player sprite (Platform)
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- some thoughts on artificial intelligence
- Yildiz-Online: MMORTS (Alpha)
- advice on the best schools in either bc...