Game Development Scholarships Available
The Art Institute of California in San Francisco announced today that it is offering scholarships to its bachelor degree programs in Game Art & Design and Visual & Game Programming. High school seniors interested in a design career have a new opportunity to use their art skills to win scholarships through a new Poster Design Scholarship Competition sponsored by The Art Institutes and Americans for the Arts. Locally, The Art Institute of California – San Francisco will judge the first stage of this contest in Northern California as part of the nation-wide contest.
Students will create original poster artwork expressing the slogan "Life is Better with Art in It." More than $200,000 in scholarships will be awarded, with the national first-place student receiving a $25,000 scholarship to study design at one of 30 Art Institutes locations throughout North America. First- and second-place local winners will receive $3,000 or $2,000 in scholarship prizes, respectively.
The contest is open to graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in design. Students must submit an original poster design, a current high school transcript, and a statement describing their design process and why they want to attend an Art Institute school. In April, an industry panel of judges selected by Americans For The Arts and The Art Institutes will assess each student’s poster based on the specified criteria.
The deadline for entry is April 30, 2004. For more information, visit http://www.aicasf.aii.edu/
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Simple Moving Average fps display, and ...
- Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike RPG
- dxwrapper - dx1-7 wrapper project
- concept critiques
- Strange behaviour with MSVC Angleprojec...
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- XBox One
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- Substantial Games (Beijing) â€“ Seeking...
- How to detect a monitor's Default r...