This image comes from recently released tech demo of nGENE Tech engine
- open-source 3D engine. It can be downloaded
here. More info on
nGENE Tech can be found on its homepage.
There is also rich screenshots gallery available
You can also watch movie presenting several nGENE effects
Submitted screenshot presents following techniques:
* Preetham daylight model with added sun glare
* Terrain rendering
* Clouds with light scattering and fade out towards horizon
* HDR (I know it’s impossible to tell it from the picture)
* Water rendered as a post-process effect - only tuning has be done
since last submission but it looks a lot better now. There is translated
presentation from my lecture during IGK’2009 conference which is
available here. The
water is rendered in screen space and I focused on modelling proper
The demo itself features a lot more but it is impossible to present
everything in one picture:
* animated vegetation
* animated water waves propagation
* a lot of effects to apply (eg. SSAO, water colour effect, Black &
White filter, sepia filter)
Please log in or register to post a reply.
Great job on the water, excellent - probably doesnt get much better than
It does! It’s called “a picture of real water”! ;)
Just kidding. Good stuff. I’m keeping an eye on where this engine is
good luck guys!
Guys :) ? actually it’s a one-man-project.