Gaming Industry Reaching Hollywood's Golden Age
TweakTown Gamer has an interesting article comparing the gaming industry with the movie industry. It mentions many of the similarities between the relatively young gaming industry and the film industry of the 1920's, including the introduction of new technologies and how they shaped and are shaping the artistic direction the formats take. The article also suggests: The overall structure of gaming companies... resembles the studio system of the 'Golden Age of Hollywood' rather than the fragmented independent layout of today. The movie studios such as MGM, Paramount or Warner Brothers had their own stock of actors, writers and directors from which the crew of a particular movie was comprised.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- wicked mountains
- CherrySlugs - Visual Art
- [For Hire] Fantasy Concept Artist / Ill...
- A game prototype for an idea I had :)
- Why oddworld will be on everything but ...
- How does GTA generate unique characters?
- python megaman game open source
- Wrap Racer
- To make a voxel engine?
- need advice on matrix vector multiplica...