Dynamic 2D Soft Shadows
Just spotted an interesting article on GameDev.net about two dimensional soft shadowing. Here's a clip:
The aim of this document is to describe an accurate method of generating soft shadows in a 2D environment. The shadows are created on the fly via geometry as opposed to traditional 2D shadow methods, which typically use shadow sprites or other image based methods"
Click here for the full article.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike RPG
- dxwrapper - dx1-7 wrapper project
- concept critiques
- Strange behaviour with MSVC Angleprojec...
- HIERARCHICAL TEMPORAL MEMORY CRITICISM
- XBox One
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- Substantial Games (Beijing) â€“ Seeking...
- How to detect a monitor's Default r...
- Diesel Tactics - A steampunk inspired, ...