Fast, Practical, and Robust Shadow Volumes
nVidia has posted a paper about shadow volumes. Here is an abstract:
"Combining efforts from Brown University and NVIDIA Corporation, this paper presents a set of algorithms for rendering shadows using the stencil buffer and the shadow volume technique. Using a series of techniques for culling, clipping, and simplifying shadow volume geometry, it is possible to achieve greater performance than previous methods. The algorithm builds on previously published algorithms by Crow, Everitt and Kilgard, and Lengyel.
The paper can be found here. It also includes a demo.
Recently Featured Posts
- Accessing Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop Sensors
- Shader Effects: Glow and Bloom
- Shader Effects: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Shader Effects: Refraction
- Shader Effects: Blend Modes
- Shader Effects: Gamma Correction
- Follow Devmaster.net on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Shader Effects: Depth of Field
- Shader Effects: Shadow Mapping
- Shader Effects: Old Film
Recent Forum Discussions
- Brand new GameDev Team Start-up
- How to detect a monitor's Default r...
- XBox One
- Diesel Tactics - A steampunk inspired, ...
- Feathered Attack (FREE TO PLAY)
- 3DModels-Textures: Female Warrior 2.
- ï¼ˆiOS/Vitaï¼‰TV Show Puzzle Game- "...
- Irritum - new indie platformed/puzzle game
- 3D Alien Buildings for Game Design
- Offering free hosting-support for your ...