The Crystal Space site has undergone some significant changes the last weeks. Crystal Space is an Open Source and portable 3D engine. Here is a list of changes:
- First we moved to a new server which is a LOT faster. The SourceForge web server really was getting too slow for us. Thanks to Andres for hosting us now!
- We moved all screenshots to the community site. The screenshot link on the main Crystal Space site now points to those. A lot of new screenshots were added. There are some very nice screenshots there now.
- The Related Projects section has been revamped. It now only contains the active projects and they are ranked based on number of visits.
- We also added a brand new CEL tutorial which uses CS+CEL+Blender+Blend2cs to create a simple but very operational game prototype.
- Then we moved CEL (Crystal Entity Layer) to the CS site. CEL is an important project that many projects are using together with Crystal Space so it deserves a more prominent place.
- A new movie section was added containing movies made with Crystal Space or projects using Crystal Space.
- There are links to the free textures and models archives on the community site.
Check it all out at:
or also the community site at