NeoAxis Group announces the upcoming release of NeoAxis 3D Game Engine version 1.3, which should took place before the end of 2012.
NeoAxis Engine 1.3 New Features
Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) — NeoAxis 1.3 will get support for SSAO effect. Screen Space Ambient Occlusion is a real-time rendering technique that is widely used for effective approximation of Ambient Occlusion in CG. SSAO in NeoAxis is implemented as a post-processing effect, has many adjustable parameters for fine-tuning and allows to maintain the best balance between performance and image quality.
Heightmap Based Terrain Improvements — maximum height map resolution is increased, from 1024x1024 to 4096x4096 pixels (16 times bigger resolution). Support for terrain Level of Detail (LOD) has been added, resulting in increased terrain rendering performance. Terrain LODs in NeoAxis is based on “Continuous Distance-Dependent Level of Detail for Rendering Heightmaps” (CDLOD) technique implementation.
Lens Flare Manager — new object to simplify the creation of camera lens flares effects.
Platformer Demo with 2D physics — new map has been added to the NeoAxis SDK. New demo map shows the example of platformer-like game with 2D physics.
Pathfinding Demo — new map has been added, demonstrating the pathfinding based on Navigation Mesh technology.
SceneBox — new type of control has been added to the NeoAxis GUI System. SceneBox is a control with the ability to draw 3D scene within. Models, effects and other supported entities can be added to it via the Resource Editor or be managed through the game code. This class is convenient for the output of a simple scenes. For example, a garage scene with a choice of a car in an auto simulator game.
Another major changes:
- FBX models import support. Non-animated and models with skeleton animation are supported for now.
- Ability to export geometry from Map Editor to FBX or Collada format.
- Physics System: Multi scene support. This is an ability to create additional dedicated physical scenes.
- Resource Editor: Mesh Editor: Ambient Occlusion calculation tool.
- NeoAxis Exporter: Autodesk 3dsMax 2013, 3dsMax Design 2013, Autodesk Maya 2013 support.
- StaticMesh: LOD support for static meshes on the map.
- Math Library MathEx.dll: Double floating point precision functions where added. New classes are Vec2D, Vec3D, Mat4D and other.
- DeploymentTool: More options for preparing product binaries. Ability to exclude files by patterns, ability to execute custom system commands during building.
About NeoAxis Engine
NeoAxis Game Engine is an all-purpose, modern 3D graphics development tool for 3D simulations, visualizations and games.
About NeoAxis Group
NeoAxis Group Ltd is a company focused on modern real-time 3D solutions. The main activity of NeoAxis Group is the development of NeoAxis Engine, a cross-platform engine for 3D simulations, visualizations and games.