Unity Technologies, provider of the Unity development platform for highly interactive 3D content on the web, iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, Android™, Wii™, Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3, today announced that Unity Pro for Android is available for pre-order now at https://store.unity3d.com/shop/. To celebrate this, Unity Technologies will give away 500 unlocked Google Nexus One mobile phones to the first 500 customers to pre-order Unity Pro for Android. Unity Pro for Android, unveiled last month at Google I/O in San Francisco, includes all the features which single out the technology as the leading choice for developers of apps in games, education, training and simulation.
“We firmly believe that the future of games lies in the web and mobile markets, and bringing Unity to Android gives our users easy access to a new and rapidly growing audience,” said Nicholas Francis, Chief Creative Officer of Unity Technologies. "We're completely stoked that we managed to team up with Google so we can get a bunch of phones included with 500 pre-orders. We don’t know exactly what people will create - only that with the skills of our users, it's gonna rock!”
Unity Pro for Android features include:
- Integrated Editor - Keep all your development in one place.Android Remote - Use your phone as an input device to test your game directly within the authoring tool.
- Highly Optimized Graphics Pipeline for OpenGL ES 2.0 - Shadows, spherical harmonics and full-screen effects galore.
- To see Unity in action, check out the demos and videos on the company website at http://unity3d.com/.
- One Click Deployment - When it's time to build, one button press is all you need for Unity to assemble all your assets and code into a complete executable.
- Easy to Use Asset Importing - Support for pretty much every art package under the sun.
Unity Pro for Android is an add-on license to Unity's existing Unity Pro, so it's priced at $1500 for existing Unity Pro customers and $2700 for new customers. A non-Pro version, Unity for Android, will be priced at $400 and available at a later date.
Terms and conditions for the Google Nexus One / Unity Pro for Android bundle promotion are as follows:
- Just like it says. Unity Technologies will offer the bundle to the first 500 pre-orders based on time and date of purchase.
- If you're crazy and you try to sue us for doing a nice thing, we'll see you in Denmark. All participating customers agree that this promotion shall be governed by the laws of the state of Denmark.
- We'll try to ship you a phone most places, but if we can't for good reason, we'll offer you a refund. Though all customers worldwide are eligible, Unity Technologies can only ship phones to addresses in the US, Canada, EU / EEA states, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore. If Unity Technologies cannot ship a phone to a customer because of taxes, embargoes, FCC restrictions, customs duties and / or fees levied by the destination country or any other reason, Unity Technologies reserves the right to cancel the order and provide customer with a full refund.
To get the free feature-packed Unity to create games and interactive visualizations for the web, PC and Mac or to get a free 30 day evaluation of Unity Pro, go to http://unity3d.com/unity/download/.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is revolutionizing the game industry and was named one of the top five game companies of 2009 by Gamasutra after just four years on the market. Today Unity Technologies has more than 170,000 registered users worldwide – including Bigpoint, Cartoon Network, Coca-Cola, Disney, Electronic Arts, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, Panasonic, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., large and small studios, independent professionals, students and hobbyists – using the Unity platform to develop high-quality interactive 3D content for the web, mobile and console. Unity Technologies is one of the fastest growing software companies and is aggressively innovating to expand usability, power and platform reach so that it can deliver on its vision of democratizing interactive 3D technology. Unity Technologies is headquartered in San Francisco and has development offices worldwide. For more information, visit http://unity3d.com/.
Android and Google are trademarks of Google, Inc.