Lyon, France - January 8th 2010 - PathEngine announces release 5.23.00 of the pathfinding and agent movement SDK, with streamlined mesh loading and setup pipeline and support for automatic ground mesh construction directly from 3rd party physics provider scene data. We are also pleased to announce licensing to Gorilla Banana Entertainment for 'Red Blood Online', to WeMade Entertainment for 'NED Online', to CDProject Red Studio for a Not Officially Announced title, and for another project at B-Alive.
Changes for this release include:
* Switch to a much more memory efficient 3D partitioning data structure for resolution from world to ground (with the new data structure also building and loading a lot faster)
* The option to save out the partitioning (and other mesh related data) with the ground mesh file, for fastest loading
* Code supplied for running the PathEngine 3D content processing functionality directly against PhysX or Havok scene data
* A helper method for stripping out parts of a ground mesh not reachable from a specified set of 'root' positions
* Improvements in position resolution, and improved interface checking
For a complete set of changes, refer to the SDK changelog.
PathEngine was founded in 2000 to provide an extremely focused and modular solution to some fundamental issues in intelligent agent movement, based on hard industry experience.
The SDK is built around an advanced implementation of points-of-visibility pathfinding over three-dimensional ground meshes. Our approach enables pathfinding and collision in tight integration against a single, sophisticated, agent movement model, with agent shape taken into account exactly, seamless support for overlapping geometry, and with fast and robust dynamic obstacles directly integrated into the core movement model.
PathEngine is integrated with a host of triple-A titles, including 'Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' (Rare, Microsoft Corporation), 'Stormrise' (The Creative Assembly), 'Pirates of the Burning Sea' (Flying Lab Games), 'Mobile Suit Gundam: Operation Troy' (Dimps Corporation), 'Titan Quest' (Ironlore Entertainment), 'Florensia' (NetTimeSoft Corporation), and many more.
For a more complete list of SDK clients and announced projects please see:
For further information, including documentation and demos, or to arrange an evaluation, please visit:
telephone: +33 4 72.07.81.54