The NeL team is proud to announce its much anticipated 0.7.0 release.
NeL is a toolkit for the development of massive online universes. It provides the basic technologies and a set of development methodologies for the development of both client and server code. It provides developers with a 3D engine, a network framework, a sound engine and much more. In addition to the libraries NeL also has a wealth of tools and plugins for the development of in-game content. NeL is supports Windows, Linux and Mac OSX under the GNU General Public License on both 32bit and 64bit platforms. To see NeL in action check out our technology demo Snowballs or the popular MMORPG Ryzom today! To get started with your own NeL-based project download the shell project and begin coding today!
* New 3DSMAX Plugin: Tree Painter.
* New 3DSMAX Plugin: Advanced Patch Editing.
* New 3DSMAX Support: Installer available for 3DSMAX 2010.
* Linux Support: Expanded OpenGL support on Linux.
* Mac OSX Support: Added non-native OSX Support (requires X Windows).
* Added 64-bit platform support. (experimental)
* Added Qt-based Tools: Words Dictionary, Message Box, Tile Editor, NeLNS Launcher.
* Added XAudio2 Sound Driver.
* Completed OpenAL Sound Driver.
* Default build environment changed to CMake.
* Tons of bug fixes.
* NeL Windows Installer (32-bit): download
* NeL 3DSMAX 2010 Plugin Installer: download
* NeL Source Tarball: download
* NeLNS Windows Installer (32-bit): download
* NeLNS Source Tarball: download
* Snowballs Windows Installer (32-bit): download
* Snowballs Source Tarball: download
* NeL Shell Project: download
For a comprehensive list of fixes please see our 0.7.0 Road Map.