The Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2.4 Release has arrived! Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker is an open source game design program for kids and adults featuring in game map/world creation! The focus is to make the process of creating games and worlds easy enough for kids but powerful enough to create full game projects. Supports Windows, Linux, Mac (we someone to compile the binary!). Download it at: http://SandboxGameMaker.Com
In Game Editing Map Creation Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44Ww2bg2_E
Key Features Include:
* Multiplayer Bots
* Banana Relay Base Capture Gamemode
* RPG Mode Rewritten - Includes new particles with awesome spells like fireball, invisibility, light, and a new inventory system!
* Sidescroller Updates - now includes more power ups and a flying fish projectile!
* Many New Maps - Cavern2 (winner of the mapping contest, massive cavern with lava falls!), Trainmap featuring a working train, Bastion, Village updates including streets!, Bottest, savethebanana, and rpg_snow - a very beautiful ancient mine and village map!
* In Game AVI Movie Recording
* Animated Textures with a tutorial map (tutorial-texanim) thanks to Offtools
* Blendmap / Paint Mode - Ability to paint on top of textures!
* Many new textures and models!
* Lots of bugfixes and other features!
For a full changelog/feature list please visit:
To see some of the new features visit our youtube page:
In addition Sandbox was recently featured at the PBS/WHMT and 1st Playable conference for Teachers with an overwhelming turnout, some teachers had to sit on the floor! In addition Sandbox has appeared in multiple magazines and is being used in countries throughout the world including a game design contest in Malaysia where only using Sandbox was allowed featuring a new laptop as the top prize!
Previous Project: Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing http://Doom3Coop.com (not kid friendly)