Platinum Arts Sandbox is the game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use. As a note a new webpage is in the works at http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net but the old webpage is still available.
We have a ton of goodies for you in this new release dubbed 2.3. You can download it here.
Here are the new features:
* New 3D sidescroller Mario like mode! Also there is a seperate RPG project, check the wiki!
* Hotkeys that make it easier to save games, add materials, and lots more!
* New in game help section that displays all of the binds/key commands!
* Snow has been tweaked and updated :) Be sure to check out the new version of house :D
* Maps now generate cfgs on save! Also many various map tweaks.
* New main menu theme! To try other themes check out the options menu.
* Loads of new textures and new player skins.
* Tons of under the hood bug fixes and features.
* Thanks to ZKAT of virtualdarkarts.net there is a brand new great looking launcher!
Be sure to check out the new Sandbox video courtesy of NoesisInteractive.com and moddb where I talk about the mission of Sandbox, my success of using it with kids, useful development software, and a lot more! Check that out over here at:
If you have questions please consult our FAQ and help section. Also make sure to check out our tutorial video here.