CM-Consult and rational-tools.com has released a demo version of their UML2ClearQuest module for free download. The module is located at the company’s site and is accessible at http://www.rational-tools.com/uml2clearquest.htm.
UML2ClearQuest is a software product that has no analogues for IBM Rational ClearQuest. The UML2ClearQuest solution allows for creating and modifying the lifecycle of IBM Rational ClearQuest record types based on UML diagrams (up to version 2.1). The program is designed first of all for IBM Rational ClearQuest managers, responsible for designing schemas for their organizations.
The module has the following capabilities:
• Importing UML states from MS Visio and StarUML. Design business processes with the comfort of MS Visio,and StarUML and readily import the results to IBM Rational ClearQuest to a new or existing record type.
• Visualizing the import data. Before importing, the module shows the state diagram and checks it for compliancy with the IBM Rational ClearQuest state machine.
• Exporting state machines for record types from IBM Rational ClearQuest. Allows for exporting IBM Rational ClearQuest state machines to UML diagrams in MS Visio or StarUML format for modifying and viewing. A modified diagram can then be imported to the existing record type from which it was exported.
The program comes as two different modifications:
• As a separate Windows application that works under .NET
• As an IBM Rational Software Architect plugin. This modification allows for importing and exporting projects only from IBM Rational Software Architect. The demo version allows for exporting diagrams to IBM Rational ClearQuest only if it has no more than 3 states.
About CM-Consult (www.cmcons.com)
CM-Consult was founded in 2004. It's primary business activities have been project management consulting, supporting and implementing IBM Rational instruments, and supporting IBM Rational and Microsoft software.
CM-Consult is one of the five leading consulting companies in Russia that implement IBM Rational tools. It’s employees have had experience with more than 25 successful projects with implementing IBM Rational and Microsoft, and over 600 specialists have been trained in Russia and the ex-USSR.
CM-Consult is an Advanced IBM Partner and has the Value Advantage Plus (VAP) status. The company’s core employees are all certified professionals and experts, with vast experience and knowledge.
CM-Consult & rational-tools.com
Web Site: http://rational-tools.com