Realmware Corporation is pleased to announce the latest beta release of it's innovative Visual3D.NET all-in-one 3D game engine, framework and toolset. Visuald3D's unique in-game World building editor provides immediate results and robust professional features powered by a next-generation AAA rendering and game engine. Visual3D.NET currently supports Windows and soon will deploy to the xbox 360 via the XNA framework.
What's New in Beta 2.4:
- Bug Fixes for all reported bugs from Beta 2.3 (if you reported a bug with 2.3 on our forums, you should expect to find it fixed in Beta 2.4.
- Enhancements to LandCover feature, making it more fine tuned, performant, flexible, and gorgeous.
- Model & Material Editor Upgrades! New capability added for LOD generation and configuration, and more optimizations/fixes for the art path as you import your own models into Visual3D scenes.
- Physics Upgrades! Check out the enhancements to the physics demos, which are more fun than ever, and also we have Vehicle physics working inside GIS2 terrains.
- GIS2 Terrain System Maturations! We've made some quality and performance gains with this release. Our goal is to make our GCM/GIS2 Terrain system be usable for most game genres, as well as for real-earth full-globe terrain rendering.
- Save/Load Fixes: More fixes implemented here to improve the quality of our Save/Load for scene layouts and content. Black Skull Studios served as a prime test case for us.
- Black Skull Studios Scenes Included: Come see what these guys have done with Visual3D, using only the Toolset alone (codeless scene layouts and lighting).
- Terrain Toolset Maturing: This toolset is still not usable, but in this version you can witness this toolset taking shape.
- Hiccup Detection and Remedy: Now if your GPU falls behind your GPU (for high content graphical scenes), Visual3D will auto-detect this and rectify the situation by slowing down FPS to make the CPU and GPU synchronize. This eliminates the annoying hiccups and latencies that can occur when the GPU falls behind.
- Enhanced Collada Support! Are you having trouble with OGRE formats? Give COLLADA a try. We are offering first class support for this model format, and the Model/Material Editors allow you to do corrections directly inside the toolset.
- More... We are surely forgetting to mention some things, and may add to this later on.