- We are all on college or fresh out. At the moment that is just my project but I had some friends who showed some interest in joining but they're all like me: broke, inexperienced and with some moderate spare time. We all love games though and would love to have project like this on our resumès. Most of them are programmers but with little to no experience in game design.
- I'm taking point. I'm not an game designer, at this point I'm just an educated game costumer with some artistic and design skills. So I bought a few books on interface, ux and game design and I'll start digging through them. I already have a notebook full of notes and ideas for this game, something I started to conceive last year. But I'm also thinking of learning as I go, as most of us will, hopefully.
- I know very little about the programming part. That is the part that worries me a little. What I know about coding is roughly the same a computer science major knows in his third or fourth week. I don't know what kind of tools or engine we'll need as I see a lot of suggestions online for how to make platformers, shooters but found almost nothing about how to make a management sim. I'm taking suggestions, especially of tools that'll make easier to release it on multiple platforms. Windows 7 and 8 are the main goal but Linux, OS X, iOS and Android would be a nice plus.
- My intention is to make this comercially viable. Yes, I want to be able to put a pricetag on it and sell it. It may be too ambitious or even pretentious but I'm willing to put hundreds of hours into this in order to be something that can get us some money in return, even if we have to sell it for $1 or $2. But it will all depend on how good or bad it will turn out. If goes really well I'm even considering crowdfunding but that's only if the game turns out REALLY good in the early stages.
- Still not sure on what classes I need on my party. What I know is that I alone can't handle all the graphic part by myself, especially if I'm designing the game so I plan to recruit another artist. I'm thinking two programmers should do the trick and also a sound designer. We'll contribute to the writing. Am I forgetting a important role? Is the team too small or too big for a project like this?
HaroldoNVUMember Since 19 Mar 2013
Offline Last Active Mar 19 2013 02:34 PM
Nerd em tempo integral. Nas horas vagas estudo game design, design gráfico e arte digital. Fã de Calvin & Hobbes, mas isso você já percebeu, não?
- Group Members
- Active Posts 1 (0.02 per day)
- Most Active In General Development (1 posts)
- Profile Views 121
- Member Title New Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Recife - Brazil
Intership as Print Designer
Gaming, Comics, TV series
The Longest Journey, Silent Hill, Dragon Age: Origins