Hi, im currently working in a very simple C implementation of a Ray Tracer; basically all I have to do is, given a set of triangles and a ray, find out where is the intersection point if it exists. I have some questions regarding the design and handling of some stuff (I'm gonna use a kd-tree to manage the tracing):
1) What is a good way to store the triangles? I made a "Point" structure to store the x, y, z coordinates of a point. Would a Point vector be a good idea?
2) What should the kd-tree structure contain? I've read some papers and that could be the set of triangles (and maybe the quantity), the bounding box, the left and right nodes, maybe a leaf flag, maybe some depth indicator. Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance.
CostaMember Since 25 Jan 2013
Offline Last Active Feb 01 2013 05:32 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 2 (0.02 per day)
- Most Active In Graphics Theory & Programming (2 posts)
- Profile Views 191
- Member Title New Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Costa hasn't added any friends yet.
No latest visitors to show