First post! New to the forums, but no – I’m not a bot nor will I link you to any company website! (whew!)
I had a question regarding the needs/wants of all you indie developers out there! One day I’d like to start a business helping indie developers (specifically Chinese developers who want to break into the US/global market, but perhaps any developer too) sell, market, license, produce or finish their work. But I really want to hear from you guys who are the heart and soul of a product. I have about 7 questions and would REALLY appreciate if you guys would take time to answer them (feel free to answer as many as you feel comfortable!).
- What’s the worst part about working with a marketing/publishing agency?
- Do they charge too much (or is the percent profit share too much)?
- What would a fair or ideal contract look like for an app?
- What would the ideal partner look like?
- What’s the hardest part about getting your app out to users?
- With new publishing platforms (like Apple App store, Google app store, Amazon app store, Windows app store, etc.) and marketing tools like social media and word of mouth – is there a real need to use a marketing agency in first place? Don’t ‘middle men’ always get cut out eventually.
- Is their a need and future for app marketing agencies?
I know it’s a bunch of questions but for any of you that answer any of those questions I’d really, really appreciate it! Thanks!
esse2therescueMember Since 23 Oct 2012
Offline Last Active Nov 04 2012 11:07 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 3 (0.01 per day)
- Most Active In Business of Game Development (3 posts)
- Profile Views 332
- Member Title New Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown