Six to Start – developers and co-creators of Zombies, Run! – are looking for a full-time iOS and/or Android developer. We’re currently a nimble team of six (consisting of three devs, one artist, one sound director, and CEO) but we’re expanding fast, thanks to the sensational popularity of Zombies, Run!
We want to find someone who can help us turn Zombies, Run! into the very best exercise app on all platforms, taking advantage of the latest technology. It’s a great job that will see you making a game that’s leading the way for everyone else.
We’re not going to provide a long list of requirements because we realise talent can come from anywhere, but absolute requirements include:
- Show us something you have made, ideally in iOS or on Android. It doesn’t need to be a game, it doesn’t need to have graphics, it doesn’t need to have zombies, it just needs to be interesting.
- You’re able to work from our office in South London (but moving to North London soon) at least 4 days a week.
- You’re flexible in your habits and what you’re willing to learn; we’re an indie developer and everyone’s job can be very fluid. If you aren’t comfortable with that, this is not the place for you. But if you like trying out new things and learning very quickly, it is.
- Being friendly and approachable!
- An interest in games and game design, and a tenacious approach to problem-solving.
- 1+ year experience of Android or iOS development
- Experience in a related field (e.g. any of: web development, UI/UX design, sound engineering, Android development, hardware hacking, etc.)
- Experience adapting or ‘porting’ games or apps from one platform to another
We are not looking for a writer at this point, nor people whose principal goal is to become a game designer.
Salary is competitive. Get in touch at email@example.com with your CV attached and a link to something you have made. No CV and no link = not good. No recruitment agencies.