Working on the Gaming R&D team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of BlackBerry technology that helps enable 3rd-party game developers to easily target BlackBerry 10 as a target platform for native gaming.
- Designing and implementing BlackBerry platform gaming APIs and frameworks.
- Porting popular commercial and open-source gaming engines and middleware.
- Working with game publishers to help them bring AAA game titles to the BlackBerry platform.
- Writing high quality game samples to help game developers learn the BlackBerry native development platform.
- Defining platform software requirements for the next generation hardware to host the gaming eco-system for the current and next generation of game titles.
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science or related degrees/diplomas.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming languages.
- Solid understanding of 2D/3D graphics using OpenGL.
- Object-oriented design and development experience.
The following are nice to have knowledge and skills:
- Skills in 3D physics and 3D math using algebra and geometry.
- Experience working with software development tools (e.g. Visual Studio and/or XCode).
- Experience with middleware for 3D file formats such as FBX and COLLADA.
- Knowledge using 3D tools such as Autodesk Maya, Max or Blender.
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2012 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, "Always On, Always Connected" and the "envelope in motion" symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.