2d (with 3d models) Isometric MMORPG, based in 15th century Japan:
Eyes Out Entertainment is seeking the following, to replace our former programmer:
~System programmer - implent leveling (Unique system which we will discuss when the time comes), trade skills (VERY unique - once again, when the time comes), fighting system (Similiar to a console fighter - Kick, kick, punch punch, etc.), etc.
~Graphics programmer - General graphical stuff: Camera, rendering, etc.
-Network programmer - improve our current network engine, possibly implent better packet handling (Both server and client side)
There WILL be pay: We currently have several investors (Not publishers) looking into our game, if we can get this game up and running into a near-gold status, they may provide everything we need (Salary, office space, servers, etc.)
If we don't, or they turn us down - profit will be split out to each working employee.
Heres a basic run down on what our current engine is capable of:
The engine is written in C++, it uses classes, templates,
the standard library class (map, vector, string, fstream).
Knowledge in these areas is a requirement.
The engine incorporates the following technologies, some knowledge
in many of the these are definately needed, while others can be
learned while working:
PNG (using glPNG)
XML (using libXML)
Resources are stored in XML files and are managed through
either a ResourceList or ResourceMap. Every resource type
has a unique type based ID, and can be accessed by it's ID
or it's index.
Heres a list of what still needs to be done (Incomplete but gives a basic idea):
- Incorporate configuration file, which stores info such as
Window width, height, bpp, and key mapping.
- Make changes in camera system
- Add Ogg Vorbis support
- Add multi-purpose (fire, rain, etc) particle system
- Add animation to materials
- Add Freetype font support to engine
- Create encrypted filetype to store resources in
- Add CRC32 checking for resource files
- Align OpenGL coordinates with OpenAL in the CScene class
- Possibly change the rendering of map tiles to Vertex/Texture
array to increase performance
- Add frustum culling to the rendering
- Add texturing to Cal3D models, possibly using Materials from
- Work further with the net programmer with the netcode integration
- General Optimizations
- Work with net programmer and the rest of the team for creation of
an alchemy system, trade system, inventory system, quest system, etc.
- Add Game GUI, that is customizable through an XML file.
If you're at all interested, please either e-mail me, or reply here with some of the following:
-Your previous experience (If any)
-Your age (We will only accept those who are mature, and above the age of 17)
-Anything else you want to mention.
-How much time you can dedicate per week (At least 10 hours)
For general game information, please visit: the game information page. (Incomplete)
If you have any questions at all on whats involved, what we are trying to shoot for, or anything along those lines - don't be afraid to e-mail me; I'll answer any questions you may have.
Here are some (dated) screens from the engine: http://www.eyesoute....allery.php?id=2 - its been improved a bit since then, and we have obviously changed to support 3d models rather than 2d.
System, graphical (ogl), and network programmers
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users