Title: Video Game Developer
Skills: MS Visual Studio 2005, C++, OpenGL, DirectX, WinCE, Win32 GDI, Win32 SDK API, OOD, and MFC.
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Area code: 760
Tax term: FULLTIME
Pay rate: $60k - $80k
Position ID: GD002
Job description: Primary Responsibilities
* Under the direction of the Lead Games Developer and working with the games development team, the Game Developer will be responsible for developing games and game supporting software from both an existing code base as well as implementing new code as needed.
* Migrate code as technology and industry trends change.
* Support QA Engineer in testing functionality, performance, and failure modes.
* Update requirements, bug, and problem databases (Bugzilla).
* Author documentation detailing design specifications, installation instructions, and operational parameters for games.
* Work with customer service professionals to evaluate reported issues related to games.
* Provide support for production issues.
* Work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
* Listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others.
* Keep others informed of work progress and honor commitments to meet timetables.
* Address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
* Professional experience with C++ programming language can substitute for Education.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in a development environment, preferably in a gaming environment.
* Extensive experience using MS Visual Studio/C++, Win32 SDK API, and MFC.
* GUI development experience, Graphics & Win32 GDI required.
* Desire to contribute innovative and original ideas and participate in the entire game development process including design, implementation and release.
* Ability to work independently with limited direction required as well as an ability to tackle unfamiliar problems and a desire to learn.
* Experience developing mobile system games highly desired.
* Strong systematic problem solving skills, math skills and technical writing ability strongly preferred.
* Experience using OpenGL, DirectX, and networking/sockets code.
* Knowledge of SVN, CVS or similar preferred.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Agile and Scrum or Six Sigma experience are a plus.
* Nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, and computer hacking skills are also a plus.
* Company stock options & 401k
* Medical & Dental insurance
* Competitive salary
* Paid Vacation
* Highly challenging and rewarding environment
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Travel required: none
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Game Developer Wanted
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users