This sceenshot comes from my application in which you can virtually visit
the whole Alps Mountains. Image shows Mt. Matterhorn seen in various
atmospheric conditions. Terrain and sky atmospheric effects were implemented
using Ralf Stokholm Nielsen's paper Real Time Rendering of Atmospheric Scattering Effects for Flight Simulators
Terrain rendering was implemented with my own algorithm similar to SOAR algorithm.
Application and its engine were written entirely in modern C++ and use following libraries:
- OpenGL and GLSL for rendering
- DevIL for loading textures
- FMOD for sound
- CEGUI for user interface
- DirectX for input devices
- TinyXML for XML parsing
- various Boost libraries including : filesystem, format, signals, smart_ptr, spirit, variant
For now the engine works on Windows systems only.
- Sassolungo in Italian Dolomites might be
compared to following images created by different applications
- This image shows effects of texture splatting and atmospheric scaterring.
- Sunset over Chamonix Valley