Fist of all, EaseWrapper IS NOT another 3D engine.
This is a library which allows using DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL in a same way, with a clean and easy-to-use interface.
You can switch between OpenGL and DirectX with a single flag, without changing anything in the code.
The library is very easy to include in an existing project in order to replace OpenGL or DirectX calls.
And obviously EaseWrapper is a very good base if you want to write a 3D engine from scratch !
A new version of EaseWrapper has been released, and it fully supports:
• All the renderstates : matrices, texture stages, blending, alpha, zbuffer, stencil, etc…
• Static and dynamic vertex-buffers, with an internal memory management
• Index buffers with automatic face stripping
• Window management, fullscreen / windowed / border configuration
• Callbacks on system events : mouse, keyboard, etc…
• Shader programmation, with an unified interface for HLSL and Cg
• Materials, textures and lights are encapsulated in efficient and comprehensive classes
• Textures 1D, 2D, 3D and CubeMap
• Render in a texture
• Transparent windows, with colorKeying, which allows drawing on the desktop
• Webcam render to texture
• Text drawing, colored with alpha
All these features are optimized for the API you choose.
There are 22 tutorials which explain how to use these features with few lines of code. Some examples:
• Per-pixel lighting
• Bump mapping
• Parallax mapping
• Transparent and overlayed window (drawing a mesh directly on window desktop)
• Shadow mapping and projective texturing
The last tutorial shows how to do [Shadow mapping] + [Per-pixel lighting] + [Projective texturing] at the same time.
And EaseWrapper is totally FREE of use. Just send me some screenshots of your projects :)
Download here : http://www.ease-production.com
Have fun !