Game Programmers to aid in the development of Greed Monger, a Sandbox
MMORPG that will feature an expansive open and seamless world with
player owned land and non instanced 3D housing. The players will build
their own cities by utilizing the resources in the game world.
We are looking for people with strong work ethics that aren't just interested in a pay check for sloppy work. We want people who are passionate about the project.
Greed Monger's goal is to bring the essence of Ultima Online to the modern
era with our key systems inspired by those used in UO.
We are looking for Hero developers capable of aiding us in the following:
House Building System - Done
19 GB of Game Art Assets - Done
Shader Programming - Needed
Development of Melee/Spell Combat System - Needed
Skill Progression System - Needed
Resource Gathering System - Needed
General Skill Progression System - Needed
If you are interested in discussing how you may fit into our team, please
add me on Skype: jasonappleton77 to discuss pay and opportunity.
Inspired by the likes of Ultima Online, Greed Monger will bring back
elements of true MMORPG Gaming since been lost in the corporate watering
down of this formerly exciting genre, which many of us have been
missing for years such as Non-Instanced Player Housing, Rares Dealing,
Sand Box Style Skill Variety and much more.
- Launch Day - (Nothing in the world but Land, Animals, Monsters and Nature. You will build the world around you.)
- Non Instanced Player Owned Housing (You buy the land from us, you then build whatever will fit on it.)
- Decorate Your House However You'd Like
- Every Finished Item In Greed Monger Is Player Crafted (Everything!)
- The More Land Parcels You Own, The Bigger House You Can Build
- Greed Monger Is Free To Play
- No Global Chat, Only Person To Person Above Head Chat (It's time to bring back the sense of real community MMO's used to have!)
- Player Vs. Environment Combat
- Player Vs. Player Combat
- Fast Map Travel System (Find a map on the ground left by another player and
you will fast travel to their home or shop, provided you have enough
food in your pack.)
- Raid Monsters (Some controlled by the Devs)
- Full Player Driven Economy (Auction system will only be used for Estate
Sales. Weapons, Armor and other items will be sold person to person
- Player Written Lore Based On Adventures (Amazing tales
will be told and submitted by players and guilds alike. These stories
may be selected as part of the official Greed Monger Cannon)
- Community Events
- Regularly Added Recipes and Plans For New Item Types
- Charge Players Rent To Access Your Land (For Hunting/Harvesting Rares)
- Ages Of Time and Technology will evolve with Population and Economic Growth
(Evolve into the space age as a population and you may discover a means
to settle new planets! All you will be allowed to take with you is what
you started the game with and that's all you'll be allowed to bring
- Ever Growing Housing Style Options For Each Climate.
- Multiple Climates/Landscapes Will Be Available At Launch
- Resell Your Estate For Real Money In Our Estate Auction House
- No Micro-Transactions (GM Fully Supported From Land and Estate Sales)
- No Pre-Defined Skills Trees (Learn all the skills you'd like, but you'll
only be able to use a selection of combat skills at any given time.)
- Animals/Monsters Only Drop Materials To Craft Items, Not Finished Items.
If You Loved Ultima Online You Should Play Greed Monger
Greed Monger - PVP PVE Loot Communinity and More
Greed Monger Housing, Land Ownership - Speculation and Rares!