The Data Analyst will work with our game development & marketing departments to develop data-driven insights into player behaviours to inform and direct the future development of our business.
Can you analyze data and generate insights to make games better?
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytics skills and database design/SQL abilities, allied to an understanding of social games and business generally. Experience with Tableau Software would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite. An interest in human psychology & behaviour would also be a plus. You should enjoy both analyzing large data sets and have good interpersonal skills to communicate your findings.
· Develop new metrics and statistical measures to analyze player behaviours to inform our decisions and help us acquire, retain and entertain players
· Develop, test, and deploy new features, improvements and upgrades to Arooga’s statistics and analytics systems in cooperation with other programmers
· Develop and deploy data visualizations and dashboards to decision makers using data drawn from our game servers and other sources (e.g. Facebook)
· Provide answers to ad-hoc queries & one-time report generation requests from other team members
· Work with the development and marketing teams in articulating and finding answers to key strategic questions
· Perform detailed data exploration
· A BSc (or equivalent) in computer science, maths, economics or similar technical field is required, a more advanced degree is a plus
· Excellent database design and SQL skills, experience working with MySQL or similar database systems
· Excellent analytical skills with a good working knowledge of statistics
· Strong ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data from primary and secondary sources and create meaningful insights and reports
· Ability to execute research projects and generate practical results and recommendations
· Comfortable in a highly collaborative, fast paced yet rewarding environment and able to work in both individual and team settings
· Experience in social games and high traffic web site architectures are a big plus
Please send your CV / resume to email@example.com