Altitude0, Plane racing at height 0gameplay
Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:51 PM
My partner and I are developing plane racing game for PC and want to show you our first work in progress gameplay video.
Altitude0 (A0) is an arcadish plane racing game in development for Windows PC, flying close to the ground between gates as fast as you can.
Also here is our website, currently under construction: http://www.altitude0.com
Hopefully we can release a playable demo also, until then still some hardwork left.
Have a good day.
Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:14 PM
Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:36 PM
Currently plan is to release a playable demo, get some responses from players and then see where to go from there.
Even before that we have to release some limited beta demo to test on different PC configurations.
But in terms of missing features, game is getting there, some more gameplay candy is still needed and bug fixes as usual.
Otherwise I hope most PC gamers these days have some graphics cards sitting in their computers and not just some integrated solutions, game is quite shader heavy because of terrain and plants.
Thanks again to everybody who paid attention to this thread.
Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:44 PM
A quick update. We are finishing up our first demo of Altitude0. We have been focusing a lot more on gameplay and now it supports multi-planes. Certainly more planes bring more excitement to flying. Here are some screenshots. Otherwise I will try to make another video soon to show a whole bunch of planes racing together. Thanks.
Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:33 AM
Since the last post, we have added more sound effects, menus, race replays and other basic ingredients that most racing games require.
As mentioned before, we made a new gameplay video that shows big vistas and airplanes racing all over the place. Hopefully we can release a playable demo soon.
Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 PM
We'd like to finally announce a closed beta testing of Altitude0: Lower & Faster.
There are just a few requirements to participate in the testing:
- Altitude0 is an online plane racing game therefore we will ask you to create an online account and share results with other players online.
- You should be able to speak some English to let us know about problems regarding the game you may discover. If you can read this then you qualify
- Your computer should have decent graphics card (NVidia or AMD). Currently graphics cannot be cut down much for lower end machines, will be fixed in the future.
- You don't mind reporting bugs & once in a while random game crash (super frustrating to us).
- You like racing games (planes, cars, carts, we like them all).
Closed beta version should be ready by 22nd of November (Thanksgiving Day for our US friends). The reason we are announcing it in advance is that honestly we don't know how many people are willing to participate in the testing and how our servers will handle all the data. So in the beginning, we will start with a limited number of players and gradually open the game to more players if everything goes OK.
If you want to be the first to play Altitude0: Lower & Faster, please join the beta program: the sooner, the better. Join beta program at our website http://www.altitude0.com
We also welcome and accept your top-notch ideas & suggestions to make the game better. We're looking forward to your participation.
Thanks for your help and reading this far.
Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:05 PM
We have first update ready since Altitude0 beta testing started.
Here is a list of what the update includes:
We implemented simple (standard) controls other than the professional ones. It should be easier for most players to play Altitude0.
Different controllers are supported: keys, 360 controller, RumblePad 2 and other generic game pads
3. A quick track was added. You can start racing easier before you can advance to the longer tracks. Now each track has different difficulty level.
4. Graphic quality control:
Graphic quality control will help better support different computer configurations.
5. Benchmark feature:
Try out simple but useful benchmark tool in the Altitude0 Launcher under Settings menu. It will help you quickly find out how well your computer can handle Altitude0.
6. Miscellaneous fixes:
Some game rules have been changed and plane adjustments were made.
If you haven't created an online account, please do so. That way your replays are going to be automatically shared with others.
There are some small fixes which still need to be done, but this version should be quite playable. More features will be added before the game goes to open beta. As more updates are available, we will let you know.
If you have some problems or questions about the game, please let us know via our facebook (http://www.facebook.com/altitude0) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Otherwise, whoever is interested in testing A0, please join us (http://www.altitude0.com).
Thank you for trying A0 and helping us improve it.
Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:51 AM
just for the record, this is about as far i got
Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:01 AM
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:56 AM
Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 AM
We made some adjustments and fixes to plane physics: throttle was implemented properly. Manual rudder was also added with professional controls.
It's still a closed beta version. But whoever is interested in testing, please join us on our website. Thanks.
Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:27 PM
This may be a chance to invite your friends to play the game. Maybe one of them can beat your replay or you can beat their records.
Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:39 AM
Flying through the canyon is just a perfect place for an airplane race. Visiting all the cracks while avoiding hitting canyon walls, it should give some exciting racing.
First test flying through the canyon
Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:22 AM
Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:05 PM
It's been a while since the last major update to Altitude0 and this time the focus was gameplay.
New race modes:
- Other than time race where goal is to be ahead, we added item collecting mode (collect thumbs up items), where goal is to collect as many items as you can in a limited amount of time. Another addition is checkpoint mode where time pressure makes flying even harder; check out track 'Mountain High'.
New game rules:
- Race rules: every race your must fulfill a certain task for result to count, otherwise pilot is considered disqualified.
- Achievements: extra tasks that change depending on your current status. Achievements also bring rewards, like extra tracks and other goodies.
- Acrobatic points: game will reward players that can fly daringly: low flying, knife edge, rolls, loops, dives, etc.
- License mode: goal is to improve your pilot status. Advance your pilot license by collecting license achievements, racing points and completing different challenges to get ahead.
- Racing level: as you complete races, you collect racing points and improve your racing level.
We welcome everybody to join the closed beta at http://www.altitude0.com/
Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:16 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users