Job Title: QA Tester, Mobile.
Location: Hammersmith, London, UK
Job Description: Quality Assurance Testers required for Capcom, an international developer/publisher, in their UK mobile development studio, Beeline (www.beeline-i.com).
The role will require successful applicants to perform quality assurance testing on pre-release code of smartphone games, log bugs and issues found in bug tracking database software competently and coherently and liaise with the QA team and developers to ensure the release of stable, high quality software.
• Functional and qualitative testing of builds
• Follow test case procedures and provide insightful feedback
• Identify issues that might arise
• Reporting/logging all issues within bug tracking database
• Performing assigned testing tasks
• Identifying ways to improve test scenarios
• Where necessary, making informed suggestions that would improve game-play
• Reporting to QA Manager. Lead QA and Assistant Manager
• Enthusiasm and passion for gaming across a multitude of platforms and genres
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An analytical eye for detail
• Ability to offer constructive criticism
• Ability to describe complex technical issues in a way that is quickly and easily understandable across a multitude of technical competencies
• Desire to learn about and work with new technologies
• Good MS Office skills (Excel, MS Word)
• Able to work as part of a team and as an individual
• Avid gamer
• Familiarity with QA testing
• Experience in game development (modding, scripting, coding)
• Experience using smartphones and mobile devices, especially iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
• The chance to work for one of the world’s most successful game developers/publishers in gaming’s fastest growing field, smartphone gaming
• Working within a team of highly skilled professionals
• A great opportunity for those seeking a foothold in the video gaming industry
Please submit cover letter and CV to:
Closing date: 16th September 2011
Job Title: QA Tester, Mobile Product Development
Reporting to: - Assistant Manager, Mobile Product Development
Reports: - QA Testers
Main Purpose of Job
The role of the QA Tester is to test all software developed by the mobile team.
This will include testing software in a structured manner, ensuring that each project is tested thoroughly from alpha code through the entire quality assurance process until final release and beyond, across the multitude of platforms. The QA Tester will be required to report bugs to the development team though specific software and in a concise, comprehensive, step by step manner, making sure that each bug logged can be easily replicated by developers without the need to qualify each report further. Reporting directly to the Assistant Manager, the QA Tester will need a keen eye for detail, a meticulous, analytical nature and have a passion for gaming in all its forms. Due to the nature of the work QA Testers will be asked to work beyond the regular 9-5.30 when necessary.
• Discover and report all bugs within games being tested.
• Adhere to structured test plans.
• Communicate effectively with management, developers and art team.
• Unit Testing – testing of game components as they are developed.
• Content Testing – testing of game content, text resources, data files to ensure integrity during the development process.
Perform additional related duties as required.
• Excellent command of the English language and its grammatical nuances, including American English.
• Excellent attention to detail, highly analytical.
• Experience of smartphones and mobile devices, especially iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
• Self motivated with a professional work ethic.
• An excellent communicator both orally and written.
• Able to proof and edit copy to a high quality.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Good understanding of business software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Flyspray)
• Technical understanding of game elements.
• Interest and knowledge of games and game development.
• Past experience of videogame QA desirable but not essential.
• Integrity & Ethics
• Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive and intellectual property.
• Professional in outlook and all Mobile-related projects.
• Ability to work across job levels and cultures and teams.
• Customer Focus
• Willing to meet internal and external customer expectations.
• Ability to negotiate with all parties to bring about win-win situations.
• Job Knowledge
• Able to demonstrate technical and artistic skills to undertake role.
• Shows willingness to continually innovate and develop knowledge and skills base.
• Knowledge of games is essential.
• Able to deliver projects to a high level and to meet deadlines.
• Willing to work across the team to ensure business objectives are achieved.
• Flexible (with regards to hours of work).
• Proactive and can-do approach.
• Attention to detail and process.
• Creativity & Innovation:
• Able to demonstrate new ideas and concepts and to implement these to add value to the Mobile business.
• Technical Skills
• Able to utilise specialist skills and expertise for the benefit of other team members and the Mobile business.
• To ensure quality of work is of the highest standard to promote brand externally and to attract customers.
• Results Focus
• Able to plan, prioritise and manage a challenging workload.
• Able to work with team and to support colleagues to ensure tasks are completed.
• Project Management
• Able to plan, prioritise and take responsibility to ensure projects are achieved on time and to the highest standards.
Rebecca George - UK HR Manager
Neil Aldis - Assistant manager - Mobile Product Development
07588 715 110
Closing date: 16th September 2011
QA Testers wanted at Capcom
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users