Day 1 Studios is an independent developer dedicated to the craft of creating revolutionary, interactive entertainment through superior design, artistic and technical processes. Day 1 Studios most recently developed the award winning MechAssault for Microsoft’s Xbox.
We have an opportunity for a Networking Software Engineer to work in our Hunt Valley, MD studio. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing the network architecture for a new game from the “ground up”. The candidate will work within our core technology team to architect our new game engine to support action oriented game play in large on-line worlds.
- Solid understanding of UDP and TCP/IP
- Experience with the Xbox Live family of APIs would be a plus
- Understanding of client/server relationships
- Understanding of dead reckoning
- Shipped at least one PC or console title
- Familiarity with the state of the art in multiplayer gaming
- Deep knowledge of C++ and STL
- Solid math background
- Ability to write robust, maintainable code
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- A strong desire to create world-class games
Please email resume, links and/or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information received will be held confidential. No remote or contract work available.
MechAssault Developer seeks Networking Programmer
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users