WIP / Sun Crusher: The Great War - A blend genre o
Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:34 AM
Just for those who had forgotten what is the game about, Sun Crusher is actually a multiplayer game done in DBpro blending both real-time strategy and third person shooter gameplay. In this game, you either take role as a fleet commander, or battle armor. As a fleet commander, you spend most of your time planning tactical strategy of your fleets, which each of them is actual human player. You are able to jump into the cockpit of the capital ships on your side as well and have some action. If you play it as a battle armor, you will be joining other players on your side to fight against the enemy fleet. You will enjoy the total action gameplay, and you are expected to follow the fleet commander's order to achieve victory for your team. The victory is achieved by destroying the opponent's mothership.
We will be posting a semi-playable demo by the end of this month for Beta testing and to gather more feedbacks. Stay tune!
We would also like to hear comments in the following area from you guys. Although you can't say much without playing the actual demo, but you can give us your best shot based on your past experience.
- What do you think about the graphics quality from the in-game screen shot?
- How do you evaluate the degree of creativity in this game?
- Have you played any blended RTS/Action game? What do you think about this genre?
- and anything that you feel that it might be useful for us to make this game even more fun. Thanks!
For some in-game screenshots,
To know more about Sun Crusher: The Great War
The know more about Bad Nose Entertainment
Bad Nose Entertainment - Where games are forged from the flames of talent and passion.
Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:12 AM
congratiolations to bringing the project so further! Now some comments:
1. It's hard to tell from the screenshots how the graphics are but the look ok. Don't worry that they are not spectaclular - good game needs good gameplay :)
2. The degree of creativy of the game is also ok but this is also hard to judge only from the screenshots and game description ;)
3. Yes, there was a great FPS/Action i remember! BattleZone II. Probably one of the best games ever made! And i'm now awaiting 'Pacific War' (or whatever it was called) that combines FPS with simulator components.
4. For me, personally, it will be a lot more fun to play the action part from 1st person, have a cockpit and etc like a real simulator. 3rd person sounds as if you guys were too lazy to do more :)
Keep up the good work!
Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:23 AM
I absolutely love this genre, I would love to see more games like it. I loved Savage Battle for Newearth.
The game is no Doom3 killer for graphics, but it is definately suitable. What matters now is gameplay and balancing. It is extremely difficult to balance an rts, especially when the intelligence of the units is beyond your control.
I will definately check out your game. One thing to add would be good bots, this is helpful when there arent enough people to really flesh out a game, or if you want to just play 1v1 commanders. Also, if you could make some kind of halfway decent ai commander, that would give upgrades, this would make it fun to play players vs bots.
Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:44 AM
So, any chance of a Linux demo? :)
Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:44 AM
but thumbs up!
Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:48 AM
Good job......My game will look better though.. Just kidding..
Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:20 AM
Also, your are most welcome to participate in our Bad Nose community as well. Register in our forum FREE and speak out anything that is in your mind. We would like to hear more from you guys as well. The forum is at,
Now, we are just a few miles away from releasing the playable demo of Sun Crusher, stay tuned! Wink
Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:02 AM
Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:54 AM
You will need to fill in a simple registration form before downloading the demo. A PASSWORD WILL BE GIVEN AFTER SUBMITING THE FORM FOR INSTALLING THE DEMO.
Don't forget to give us your feedback in this forum as well for gameplay tips and strategy. as well as bug issues......
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users