***This person needs to be able to be onsite in Redmond, WA***
We are looking for a dxstudio production specialist who is able to run build scripts such as nndpick and getforbuild.
Details are below. If you are interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content publishing team is looking for a production specialist to create, monitor, and troubleshoot daily Help builds for multiple deliverables and to prepare, monitor, and troubleshoot frequent localization handoffs and handbacks.
The candidate may also assist in improving internal documentation on production processes and write batch scripts to automate production processes that are currently being done manually.
• Ensure that existing Help projects (.chm and .hxs) are building successfully as scheduled.
• Set up new Help projects as required.
• Prepare localization handoffs and handbacks, troubleshooting as required.
• Create builds for collateral documentation, such as readmes and white papers.
• Run periodic reports, as requested.
• Coordinate with the Content Publishing and Localization teams on localization handoffs and handbacks.
• Keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues with localization work items and help builds.
• Fill in missing information in internal documentation on production processes
Depending on candidate:
• Assist with automating production processes
• Fully document any processes that have been automated
• At least 3-5 years experience working with Help systems at Microsoft.
• Extensive experience administering DxStudio—setting up projects, using DxStudio command-line build tools. (Extensive experience with DocStudio may be an acceptable substitute for DxStudio experience).
• Good working knowledge of Source Depot.
• Understanding of the DxStudio .chm and .hxs build process.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work independently and under tight deadline pressure.
• Able to drive team processes and schedule builds around group dependencies.
• Working knowledge of XML and XSLT.
Nice to have:
• Demonstrated coding expertise with VBScript and C#.
Length of assignment: 3 months (possible extensions)
seeking an onsite dxstudio builder/production specialist
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users